Long Lasting Air Pumps?

Jacques

I'm getting a bit tired of replacing the diaphragms of my air pumps every year (if I'm lucky every 2 years). The pumps still work (there is still some air flow), but not even close to the same amount when I put in new diaphragms.

I'm just wondering if any one els is having the same problem, maybe all the parts shipped to South Africa is just old? Old rubber tens to degrade fast.

Is there maybe a air pump that doesn't have yearly costs to keep the thing running properly? The amout of products to pick from is pretty limited here. But I'm willing to import if there is soming that is worth it.

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

I'm getting a bit tired of replacing the diaphragms of my air pumps every year (if I'm lucky every 2 years). The pumps still work (there is still some air flow), but not even close to the same amount when I put in new diaphragms.

I'm just wondering if any one els is having the same problem, maybe all the parts shipped to South Africa is just old? Old rubber tens to degrade fast.

Is there maybe a air pump that doesn't have yearly costs to keep the thing running properly? The amout of products to pick from is pretty limited here. But I'm willing to import if there is soming that is worth it.

@JacquesI've had great success with Marina air pumps.  They are compact, reasonable, some come with double ports and they are much more quiet than Fluval.  I've been running them for a few years.