ADF tadpoles!

Spookisapuppy

I’m sure hoping the stores do take them! These ones were a complete accident They laid eggs the very first night I added my female to the tank 😅 I’ve got about 8 tadpoles doing really well. Hoping to breed them again on purpose next time. 

• Like 1

To be honest it was an accident 😅 It took me several months to find two healthy frogs. Out of 5 frogs from the local chain stores these are the only 2 that have survived. I quarantined them for about 3 months and treated with the med trio. I’ve since learned that dwarf frogs are frequently unhealthy. 

I set up a tank for the little guy with plenty of live plants and a coconut hut. I feed a mix of pellets and frozen foods. He’s quite active and was singing every night on his own. I added the female after quarantine and they laid eggs the very first night! 

I think keeping a species only tank is helpful. Little dude was very afraid and spent most of his time hiding when he lived in my community tank. 

On 6/11/2021 at 3:57 PM, Spookisapuppy said:

To be honest it was an accident 😅 It took me several months to find two healthy frogs. Out of 5 frogs from the local chain stores these are the only 2 that have survived. I quarantined them for about 3 months and treated with the med trio. I’ve since learned that dwarf frogs are frequently unhealthy. 

I set up a tank for the little guy with plenty of live plants and a coconut hut. I feed a mix of pellets and frozen foods. He’s quite active and was singing every night on his own. I added the female after quarantine and they laid eggs the very first night! 

I think keeping a species only tank is helpful. Little dude was very afraid and spent most of his time hiding when he lived in my community tank. 

Here’s the tank setup. 

1E390F09-A5CE-49AD-A45F-846B32599EEC.jpeg

@Beardedbillygoat1975 I’ve seen them hide in multiple places. The male tends to sleep inside the coconut hut. They both like hanging out at the bottom of the Java fern. The female likes to chill in their food dish. I’ve seen one inside the flower pot a few times. The anubias gold coin seems like a favorite for both of them. I added more anubias because they seem to like it so much. Occasionally one will hang out on the heater and stick their nose out of the water. They don’t really care about the floating plants. 

I think warm water and a food dish are essential. They aren’t great eaters so having one designated place ensures they get enough to eat. I’ve fed them frozen food from tongs which is pretty fun. They also like company! They seem to do best in groups. I’ve read that sand isn’t the best for them but I’ve had no problems in this tank so far. 

• Thanks 1