Non Java fern/anubias/buce plants to attach to driftwood?

ange

I'm looking for a sizable plant that can grow in low-med lighting, preferably attached to driftwood. My goal is concealing the reef epoxy that I used to attach these separate pieces of driftwood. I will have some Java ferns but I was curious if anyone had other suggestions that I haven't already thought of. One thing that I kind of have in mind is crypt wendtii but I have zero experience with crypts in general so I'm not sure how well the roots can attach to driftwood.

420417744_Wood1.jpg.7376b096bc2a0db219a489e4bf6ef934.jpg

Well besides the obvious suggestion of any moss, I would suggest bolbitis difformis or bolbitis fern as another rhizome plant that can be attached. Another plant you could use is pearl weed, would require frequent trimming. You could also do monte carlo, but pearl weed is much easier and almost always rock solid in low tech setups. Sometimes monte carlo can be hit or miss. Best of luck!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brian K said:

Well besides the obvious suggestion of any moss, I would suggest bolbitis difformis or bolbitis fern as another rhizome plant that can be attached. Another plant you could use is pearl weed, would require frequent trimming. You could also do monte carlo, but pearl weed is much easier and almost always rock solid in low tech setups. Sometimes monte carlo can be hit or miss. Best of luck!

I'll give another vote for bolbitis

On 9/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, ChefConfit said:

I've seen hygrophilas attached to wood in the past. Hygrophila pinnatifida would probably look nice 

Hygro pinnatifida can be very sensitive and usually takes high tech setups to thrive, so if you try that just now it may fail to grow and thrive.