Tetra breeding help!!!!

Nate s

Need some direction after not finding information on glowlight tetra breeding. 

so far....

I have a 10 gallon set up for breeding.
6 small magnolia leaves added a week ago (collected from my tree, zero pesticides or anything out here in the country) 

half tank filled with guppy grass. Small sponge filter. 
put a dim light on the tank this morning to simulate a sunrise and they did the barrel roll several times I was able to see. I had work to do And came back 90 min later and didn’t see any more rolls or courtship after observing for 5 min so I pulled them fearing they would start eating eggs. 
how long before the eggs hatch, and then become free swimming? 
 Have read a lot about light sensitivity, I have a towel on the tank, how many days before Turning lights back on normal schedule? 

Last question is when do I start feeding infusoria after the eggs are laid in terms of days from when the spawning occurred? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nate s said:

Need some direction after not finding information on glowlight tetra breeding. 

so far....

I have a 10 gallon set up for breeding.
6 small magnolia leaves added a week ago (collected from my tree, zero pesticides or anything out here in the country) 

half tank filled with guppy grass. Small sponge filter. 
put a dim light on the tank this morning to simulate a sunrise and they did the barrel roll several times I was able to see. I had work to do And came back 90 min later and didn’t see any more rolls or courtship after observing for 5 min so I pulled them fearing they would start eating eggs. 
how long before the eggs hatch, and then become free swimming? 
 Have read a lot about light sensitivity, I have a towel on the tank, how many days before Turning lights back on normal schedule? 

Last question is when do I start feeding infusoria after the eggs are laid in terms of days from when the spawning occurred? 

If there’s fertile eggs that weren’t eaten, they’ll hatch in a few days. But the fry will still be eating their yolk sack. Once fry are free swimming, they can be fed infusoria. But go easy! They’re sooooo tiny. It’s really easy to foul the water.

You can get infusoria from sponge filter squeezings too.

Put your phone on video record down by the base / bottom of the tank, and leave it steady (propped up) for -0 mins. Then watch sped up to find fry.

• Thanks 1

So say it’s Friday morning the eggs were laid, by Sunday they will be hatched. Wednesday free swimming? Friday/sat egg sacs depleted and start infusoria next weekend? 

and when do I take the towel off the tank? Are they still light sensitive after they have hatched? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nate s said:

So say it’s Friday morning the eggs were laid, by Sunday they will be hatched. Wednesday free swimming? Friday/sat egg sacs depleted and start infusoria next weekend? 

and when do I take the towel off the tank? Are they still light sensitive after they have hatched? 

I’m not sure. Usually 2-5 days is typical for tetra eggs. As for light sensitivity, once they’re free swimming, they may dislike light, but a bit of room light shouldn’t hurt.

Update on the tetras. 
Spotted some fry yesterday swimming around on and under a lot of the magnolia leaves. Can’t really know how many are in there. Spotted 4-5 at once around 1 of the leaves but since it’s a 10 gallon there is likely many more. Hoping to raise up 15-20 to add to the 18 I already have in my 40 breeder. 

I know I have a long way to go with raising them but hopefully there is enough infusoria in the tank until my culture starts producing (or to hold them over for a week or so until bbs can be fed) DDC9849E-A393-496E-973E-657733F84839.jpeg.227e19615b94ec91ccc1e1ab8d1890b3.jpeg Attached is a picture of the tank and a close up of the fry. 

33D4434E-AB51-477D-8204-11763C926ED5.jpeg