Possible Parasite

Andrew Puhr

How many rounds of ParaCleanse did you do? First is gets rid of worms but not eggs you need second round for eggs sometimes a third if heavy infestation. And just curious not criticizing....your boys tail looks a touch tattered at the end maybe?  Or is it just the pic?  I could not tell if that is parasite or just white poo from not recently eating. I am by no means an expert but pre q trio guppies put me through the ringer.

This is from aquatic veterinary services: so if you did the ParaCleanse this May make you feel better 

White fish poop is a poop with no food in it.

Most gastrointestinal systems work very similarly, fish, humans and other pets included. Your gut is responsible for absorbing nutrients and getting rid of wastes and undigestible material. In order to help move things along, our guts are lined with mucus-producing cells to help things slide through. Without this lubrication, you’d never be able to pass a single poop, swell up and die. Fish have the exact same cells in their guts! And although freshwater fish cannot become constipated (sorry, but we’ve already been over this – you’ll have to take your complaints up with osmosis), they still need a little extra help moving things towards the exit. 

Most of the time, you’ll barely notice this mucus coating because of what your fish eats. The mucus is stretched thin and you’ll see a mush similar in color to the pellets you feed. If your fish has not been eating, you will only see the mucus. This is the “stringy, white fish poop” in fish. Is this a sign of disease? Not really, it only means your fish hasn’t eaten. This may only be a few hours or a few days. Many fish, especially tropical fish, are used to foraging throughout the day. If they’re only fed a few times a day, some of the fecal movements may have food, others may not. And this is normal!

68B6381B-9AED-486D-965D-7DA07CB03508.png

Hear is another one I had read by a veterinarian:  ( I also asked my exotics vet (yearly bearded dragon wellness checkup) he said the same thing

WHITE, ALMOST-TRANSPARENT POOP

Feces that are distinctively pale in color and slimy in appearance is a sign that your fish isn’t eating well. As Jessie Sanders, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, simply states, “White stringy poop is a poop with no food in it.”