Tv shows

AJE

1 hour ago, MickS77 said:

Hap & Leonard is great. Fargo-ish type show. Only had 3 seasons, 6 episodes each, they're on Netflix now.

My son has been after me to watch Hap & Leonard so I guess that’s next. We’ve just finished the last episode of The Queen. We did the old John Adams series last week plus keeping up with Fargo and several other series. 🤪 

Favorites have been: Queens Gambit, Seven Seconds, and Rectify, and Ted Lasso. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We started watching NYPD Blue. Season 1 came out in the early ninety's, and the show is a bit of a time machine. Probably not for everyone, but a main protagonist is a certified NERM. We get a kick out of it when he spouts off about the nitrogen in his tanks or not being able to just put new fish into his balanced ecosystem in-between solving heinous crimes. 

Edited by MAC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MAC said:

We started watching NYPD Blue. Season 1 came out in the early ninety's, and the show is a bit of a time machine. Probably not for everyone, but a main protagonist is a certified NERM. We get a kick out of it when he spouts off about the nitrogen in his tanks or not being able to just put new fish into his balanced ecosystem in-between solving heinous crimes. 

Back in the olden days We were big NYPD Blue fans. We only got hooked on it in it’s third to last season. So, we started buying the early seasons on DVD to get caught up . 😄 

About a month or so back we started watching ER from the start on Hulu. I had forgotten  just what a great hospital drama series that was . It makes the contemporary network hospital dramas look lame.

One interesting aspect of watching the 30 year old TV show is the glaring lack of modern technology and something as ordinary as a cell phone or Google search would change the whole story. We tend to take for granted what the modern  everyday gadgets that we carry around in our pocket or all around us today do until you watch something like ER to notice the absence changes the outcome  of the story.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MAC said:

I was a big fan of NYPD Blue back when it was first out, then a few years ago one of the stations we get on satellite ran the whole series in order start to finish, so my wife and I would record and watch them.  It's still one of my favorite shows.

I was just talking to a friend yesterday about old TV shows and I mentioned St. Elsewhere.  He'd never heard of it, but I enjoyed it.  I don't think I've ever seen it in syndication.  Howie Mandel was a regular cast member.

The Andy Griffith Show is one of my all-time favorites also.

The only current TV I watch much of is Texas Law and North Woods Law, which are basically Cops, but with game wardens instead of city or county police, Forged in Fire, nature shows on BBC America, and an occasional cooking competition show.

Edited by JettsPapa

Not really TV but I'm following a YouTube gaming series. (The Hermitcraft Minecraft server, no idea if anyone else watches lol). Plus theres this really interesting show thats playing pretty much 24/7 about a fish swimming around in an aquarium and always looking for food even when they've just been fed. On a more serious note "The Good Doctor" and a Star Trek series are really good too. 

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper