I have 2 Honey Gourami's quarantining with my red wag platy fry currently I have treated them with the med trio in a 10g tank. So far they haven't been eating very much food I've tried Xtreme krill flake, bug bites spirulina and tropical flakes, rapashy Soilent green, frozen and freeze dried blood worms and frozen brine shrimp they may take bites but will usually spit the food out they seem to like the ez fry food but that's about it. Any foods I should try? Any go to bulletproof no way they won't eat this foods? 

• Like 1

My honeys in quarantine looooove baby brine shrimp. I have a batch hatching right now for them. I have noticed my youngest gourami also chews and spits a lot before successfully eating her food, so it might be a maturity thing if they are quite young. In the past week she seems to be eating much better even with pellets. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, laritheloud said:

My honeys in quarantine looooove baby brine shrimp. I have a batch hatching right now for them. I have noticed my youngest gourami also chews and spits a lot before successfully eating her food, so it might be a maturity thing if they are quite young. In the past week she seems to be eating much better even with pellets. 

Yeah they seem to spit over and over but tonight they did eat a bit better I am going to order stuff to hatch brine shrimp soon 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DannyBWell said:

Yeah they seem to spit over and over but tonight they did eat a bit better I am going to order stuff to hatch brine shrimp soon 

Good luck! It's so adorable to watch them go after brine shrimp. It's my gouramis' favorite. 

I’ve noticed a little bit of pickiness from a gold dwarf I’ve got in a QT. Spits some flakes, but then I notice the flakes that land on a moss ball disappear after a couple of hours. Didn’t pay much attention to small pellets. Seems to like the freeze dried bloodworms. Then again, none of my fish refuse those.

I have a powder blue dwarf in another QT and doesn’t seem nearly as picky. Always tugging at some algae in that tank too.