Whoever told me java moss grows slowly lied

This is 1 month of growth and I've trimmed it twice to make spawning mops. On a less related note, this piece of driftwood looks like a dog's face and I can't unsee that. Maybe when it's completely covered in moss I'll give it googly eyes and name it Clifford ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20210603_142048_611.jpg.f679b5b24429928a9ebd971c5e7608e8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

@Coluย  it does, doesn't it? ๐Ÿ˜œ I picked up the wood at petco just to have something to stick the moss to, I didn't even notice the shape until I got it home. Not a bad hunk of mopani for $5 though! Petco sales are the best lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guppysnail said:

Oh he will definitely be a shaggy one. Java overran my tank I took it out months ago and it still grows all over. Expect it will become a sheepdogย 

Makes for great fish breeding environment, though!ย 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kalita said:

I've noticed that too! It and my Spikey moss have really exploded! I'm happy about it though as I want build a RCS colony.

PS. I can't unsee Clifford!

Apparently it's been decided that the name of this driftwood is Clifford ๐Ÿ˜‚ I feel like I need to get him his own tank now.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it sometimes takes time to establish, and then it really takes off. I have a 180 nearly full to the top with moss and a few 75s in the same condition. My tetras love it, and thereโ€™s a fair amount of accidental breeding going on too!