New Website Format

Not too bad. The old was fine though and I think I actually preferred it. I hate the load more button that a lot of sites do. I have broadband which I think most people do by now, just go ahead and load everything please.

• Like 2

Just now, sudofish said:

Not too bad. The old was fine though and I think I actually preferred it. I hate the load more button that a lot of sites do. I have broadband which I think most people do by now, just go ahead and load everything please.

right there with you.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sudofish said:

The problem is, "most" people don't. Google ranks a site based on what a website loads on 3g mobile internect connection and therefore you have to design for that, or get buried.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Patrick_G said:

Wow, it looks great on mobile! I’m really impressed. It looks modern and professional and is easy to navigate. I could see lots of great info being added to the “Learn” tab. Nice job @Cory

Definitely gonna flesh this out more. It kinda snuck up on me, with the house going up for sale. working on it today some.

Just placed my third order in two weeks....every time I think I have everything I need ...I find I need more stuff...at this rate Ill have the whole sticker selection very soon.  Am I weird for being stupidly happy that on my last order I got the Murphy Sticker and felt like I had finally arrived as part of the group....LOL

The new site caught me off guard this morning....It looks great works flawlessly and I really do think its easier to find things.  Very intuitive and user friendly...Great Job @Cory and the Co-Op team for all that you all are doing.

Now....do I need more food?!?!?🤪

PS

Got the multi test test strips that finally arrived...worth the wait and worth the money....Instant results and spot on accurate ...love them!

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Cory said:

Definitely gonna flesh this out more. It kinda snuck up on me, with the house going up for sale. working on it today some.

I’ve also bought a house before selling the old one. The process is super stressful even without a growing business. Right now you remind me of a guy riding a unicycle while juggling!   Don’t forget to eat and get enough sleep! 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, laritheloud said:

I really like it! Does the site automatically remove out of stock listings from the page? I noticed that out-of-stock listings are no longer available.

(Also, I've been hankering for a banana plant for months -- are there any plans to restock banana plants in the future?)

This is a bug currently. I have raised it with the developers to fix asap.

Wow. I have to say I'm surprised to read these glowing reviews. Frankly, I hate the new format and I find the mobile site now unusable. When I'm trying to read about a product on my iPhone, say the ingredients in a particular food or how to work the Ziss Brine Shrimp Hatchery, this dropdown thingie telling me to add the product to my cart drops down automatically and covers half the screen. Now I can't read what's on the screen. Nor can I see the "you may also like" product links toward the bottom of the screen. Oh well, maybe when I get home to my desktop I will remember to look again for the information or product I was interested in. Or maybe not. 

I get that the dropdown thingie comes and goes but I can't for the life of me figure out how to control it. Is there a setting I'm missing? Am I just tech illiterate?

There are issues on the desktop version too. The dropdown thingie shows up here but it isn't so bad because it is fairly unobtrusive. However, now when I read a blog post and want to check out all the "featured products" there is no link to the product page. The only thing you can do is add the product to your cart. Then you can view your cart, click on the product picture and be taken to the product page. Instead of one step to read about a featured product there are now three steps. Four if you count removing the product from your cart because you were just browsing anyway because an excellent blog post got you thinking about trying something new. FYI, this is also a problem on the mobile site.

This is just way I see it. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

I’m not seeing the same issues on Safari mobile. There is an “add to cart”  pop up window that seems redundant, but on my browser it only covers a small section of the screen. I can still access all the links on a product’s page. 

2 hours ago, Evan said:

However, now when I read a blog post and want to check out all the "featured products" there is no link to the product page. The only thing you can do is add the product to your cart. Then you can view your cart, click on the product picture and be taken to the product page. Instead of one step to read about a featured product there are now three steps.

I can replicate this problem on iPhone with Safari. It seems like an easy fix, from my very limited knowledge about websites. 😄 

2 hours ago, Evan said:

this dropdown thingie telling me to add the product to my cart drops down automatically and covers half the screen.

This happens for me too, but I don’t find it annoying. It probably depends on the dimensions on your phone. I *do* have the “You May Also Like” section at the bottom though.

Overall I really like the new design! I’m not surprised there are kinks to work out since it’s so new, but still, the first time I saw the new site I was like “oooooooooo 👀“ Very sleek. Great job team!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hobbit said:

I can replicate this problem on iPhone with Safari. It seems like an easy fix, from my very limited knowledge about websites. 😄 

This happens for me too, but I don’t find it annoying. It probably depends on the dimensions on your phone. I *do* have the “You May Also Like” section at the bottom though.

Overall I really like the new design! I’m not surprised there are kinks to work out since it’s so new, but still, the first time I saw the new site I was like “oooooooooo 👀“ Very sleek. Great job team!!!

@Hobbit So what’s the fix?

On 6/2/2021 at 12:52 PM, Cory said:

The problem is, "most" people don't. Google ranks a site based on what a website loads on 3g mobile internect connection and therefore you have to design for that, or get buried.

Some sites I've seen have an option to choose how many items load per page (usually located near the "sort" button) so you can say like 10, 25, 50, etc.  That way you can default to 10 and make Google rankings happy, but people can switch it, and have it remembered then they can have the all you can eat display 🙂

But I am very happy with the new flow/design.

Edited by aquachris

9 hours ago, Hobbit said:

yes, I do have the same problem. There’s no links to the featured product’s info pages. 

9 hours ago, Hobbit said: