How to Create a Blog Post

Daniel

@quirkylemon103 has asked how to use the blog feature of this forum.

So, I thought I would create a how to guide.

Step 1. Go to the blogs section of this forum

image.png.2860f68691d8a4d20fd45c505c83d051.png

Step 2. Click 'Create a new blog' then give your new blog a title, add tags, and finally add some initial content.

image.png.afac8a6c832da910a5d5e8f791e2bf4f.png

Step 3. Now that you have a blog on the forum, add fresh content.

image.png.9879ec8909e927b95432ea112473b85d.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Daniel said:

@quirkylemon103 has asked how to use the blog feature of this forum.

So, I thought I would create a how to guide.

Step 1. Go to the blogs section of this forum

image.png.2860f68691d8a4d20fd45c505c83d051.png

Step 2. Click 'Create a new blog' then give your new blog a title, add tags, and finally add some initial content.

image.png.afac8a6c832da910a5d5e8f791e2bf4f.png

Step 3. Now that you have a blog on the forum, add fresh content.

image.png.9879ec8909e927b95432ea112473b85d.png

thanks daniel

41 minutes ago, James Black said:

@Anita @CorydorasEthan could this blog feauture on the forum be a spot to post our forum members aritcles?

For the upcoming anniversary event, we will be posting forum member articles (FMA) to the forum. One challenge of using a blog is it puts one person in charge of all uploading and monitoring. That is way too much work to ask of any one volunteer for a few weeks, much less forever. And it bottlenecks our ability to easily share and allocate responsibilities within the team. 

At any rate, when we launch the FMA thread, we will include posting guidelines, writing suggestions, and editorial standards. There have been some questions about whether posting articles in the forum could result in high comment clutter and low article searchability. In the posting guidelines, I have added controls that I hope will address these challenges. And the only way to know if these proposals will work is by trying them! 

It is worth mentioning that our editorial goals for the FMA project include: 1) making article contributions inclusive to as many members as possible, 2) dividing and streamlining the workload for our all-volunteer team, 3) providing editorial assistance to anyone who asks for it. I realize we may not achieve a sparkling 2.00 GAA in these ambitious goals  (🥅 Goalie pun, haha!), however, as managing editor of the project, I believe they are standards worth pursuing. 

I would like to run the poll a bit longer before making any official announcements. Until then, I will do my best to reply any questions here in the forum. To make sure I see your question or comment, please be sure to tag me! 😎

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Anita said:

For the upcoming anniversary event, we will be posting forum member articles (FMA) to the forum. One challenge of using a blog is it puts one person in charge of all uploading and monitoring. That is way too much work to ask of any one volunteer for a few weeks, much less forever. And it bottlenecks our ability to easily share and allocate responsibilities within the team. 

At any rate, when we launch the FMA thread, we will include posting guidelines, writing suggestions, and editorial standards. There have been some questions about whether posting articles in the forum could result in high comment clutter and low article searchability. In the posting guidelines, I have added controls that I hope will address these challenges. And the only way to know if these proposals will work is by trying them! 

It is worth mentioning that our editorial goals for the FMA project include: 1) making article contributions inclusive to as many members as possible, 2) dividing and streamlining the workload for our all-volunteer team, 3) providing editorial assistance to anyone who asks for it. I realize we may not achieve a sparkling 2.00 GAA in these ambitious goals  (🥅 Goalie pun, haha!), however, as managing editor of the project, I believe they are standards worth pursuing. 

I would like to run the poll a bit longer before making any official announcements. Until then, I will do my best to reply any questions here in the forum. To make sure I see your question or comment, please be sure to tag me! 😎

So will the writer for the articles be the one posting it in the FMA thread? Or will it be one of the volunteers? Just curious.

5 hours ago, James Black said:

So will the writer for the articles be the one posting it in the FMA thread? Or will it be one of the volunteers? Just curious.

We will have multiple options for posting articles, including self-posting and posted by an administrator. The option an author chooses will depend on a few factors, all of which will be explained in the writer guidelines. To avoid creating confusion, I do not want to discuss details that may change before the official announcement. 😁 I believe when you see the writer guidelines you will find the answers to many of your questions. 🧐