3 month growth update on my planted 120!

Just thought I would share my 3-month side-by-side update.  I'm still learning, but I would say so far it's been mostly a success, and that is largely in part to you guys!  ❤️  Thank you for all the help and encouragement back in March when I was setting this up!  

tank_growth.jpg.56cb34ec1ea49d1e2c64e80ce1d0ab1e.jpg

The Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus is growing like CRAZY!  I can't keep up with trimming it!  🤣  But I kinda love it being large and in charge.

Also - shout out to the philodendron brasil on the top right of the shelf for being a major over-achiever!  

My husband built me a canopy that I am going to paint the same green as the stand, but I have just been so busy I haven't painted it yet.

Thanks for letting me share!

• Like 7
  • Love 5

13 hours ago, CalmedByFish said:

Looks good!

That "and" sign makes me laugh. Like, "And this plant and that plant and this one and this one and and and..." 

facts.  🤣

Edited by Sal
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Patrick_G said:

Wow, what are you feeding that Pogostemon? I think we’ve got a Little Shop of Horrors situation going on! 

Right?!  After I trimmed it the first time, it was like "hold my beer..." 🤣

Just doing root tabs, and a weekly routine of the co-op's "easy" line.  

Edited by Sal
  • Haha 2

Also - anyone have tips on how to propagate the Pogostemon?  I'd love to clip it down and plant a little more on the sides to help fill things in a bit more, since I know I can grow that one ok.  

2 hours ago, HH Morant said:

Beautiful tank. Pogostemon stellatus octopus is great because it is big and appealing, but does not really deny the fish much swimming space. They can swim through it.

It has been my favorite thing to watch them swim through it...  Some of the tetras hang out in there almost like clownfish in an anemone, it's so cool.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:22 AM, Sal said:

Just thought I would share my 3-month side-by-side update.  I'm still learning, but I would say so far it's been mostly a success, and that is largely in part to you guys!  ❤️  Thank you for all the help and encouragement back in March when I was setting this up!  

tank_growth.jpg.56cb34ec1ea49d1e2c64e80ce1d0ab1e.jpg

The Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus is growing like CRAZY!  I can't keep up with trimming it!  🤣  But I kinda love it being large and in charge.

Also - shout out to the philodendron brasil on the top right of the shelf for being a major over-achiever!  

My husband built me a canopy that I am going to paint the same green as the stand, but I have just been so busy I haven't painted it yet.

Thanks for letting me share!

I am absolutely in love with this... All of it.  Goals.  

• Like 1