Fish tank finally cycled;)

DLMyst

Here's what currently in my dad's 30 gal aquarium.  Water is  a bit yellow due to the tannins from the driftwood.  Thought I soaked it long enough to remove the majority of it but I was wrong. hehe

Plants
6 Vallisneria gigantea
1 Taiwan Aquarium Moss Taxiphyllum Alternans
2 Brazilian Pennywort Hydrocotyle Leucocephala
3 Pearl Weed 
1 Willow Moss

Fish
2 Cherry Shrimp
4 Variatus Hifin Blue
2 Green Lantern Platy
1 Glo fish.
2 Dalmatian Mollies
2 Clown Pleco
10 Amano Shrimps
2 Hill Stream Loaches

Want to add 3 Khuli Loaches to the mix and maybe 2 Bristle Nose Plecos.

Finally Cycled.jpg

Edited by DLMyst
  • Like 2

If you get all  male or female platys and Mollys so you don't have population explosion also glow fish like be keep in group 5 or more I would recommend getting a few more clown pleco and bristlenose will probably fight each other in 30gallon I go with bristlenose

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DLMyst said:

Here's what currently in my dad's 30 gal aquarium.  Water is  a bit yellow due to the tannins from the driftwood.  Thought I soaked it long enough to remove the majority of it but I was wrong. hehe

Plants
6 Vallisneria gigantea
1 Taiwan Aquarium Moss Taxiphyllum Alternans
2 Brazilian Pennywort Hydrocotyle Leucocephala
3 Pearl Weed 
1 Willow Moss

Fish
2 Cherry Shrimp
4 Variatus Hifin Blue
2 Green Lantern Platy
1 Glo fish.
2 Dalmatian Mollies
2 Clown Pleco
10 Amano Shrimps
2 Hill Stream Loaches

Want to add 3 Khuli Loaches to the mix and maybe 2 Bristle Nose Plecos.

Finally Cycled.jpg

Congratulations! I'm hoping that mine will finish soon. 

20210530_120503.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Colu said:

If you get all  male or female platys and Mollys so you don't have population explosion also glow fish like be keep in group 5 or more I would recommend getting a few more clown pleco and bristlenose will probably fight each other in 30gallon I go with bristlenose

Agreed with @Colu, the Bristlenose's are territorial in pairs, and one alone will poop enough for you! :classic_smile:  

Edited by Trish
  • Haha 1

The glow fish was the only survivor from 6.  According to Petco they have a 50/50 chance of surviving.  Since I didn't want to bother afterwards, I decided to get platys and hifin blues with the store credit.  Needless to say I can't tell if their sex and I believe the 2 mollies are male since their fins look the same.  I may even need to remove one because one of them is attacking the other and I'm starting to see missing scales.  Problem is that I only have this one tank and they like to swim together.  So it's like a love/hate relationship there which I don't get.