New betta not eating

RyanU

I have had good luck with frozen bloodworms for picky eaters. I'm sure the big box stores near you would have those. (If you already tried that above, my apologies...though now that he's doing a bit better, he may reconsider.)

Just an update. Tom took a bite of a bug bite this morning. He didn't eat the whole thing though. He sucked it in and spit it back out in pieces. Is that normal? It almost seems like the food is to big to fit in his mouth. I tried to break one up but it immediately sank to the bottom. Should I try food for a baby betta or Just keep going with the bug bites?

1 hour ago, RyanU said:

In going to stop at the lfs today on my way home and pick some up. How do you store them? I assume he won't eat all of them

Shave off enough for one feeding from a cube, then store the leftovers in the freezer without defrosting.

I want to thank everybody for all the help. I ran to my LFS after work today to pick up a real sponge filter and saw some hikari betta bio gold. Installed the filter and dropped a couple in the tank and he immediately are them. Looks like thy bio gold is the winner. 

Again thank you all for the help