Alternanthera reineckii Problems

31 minutes ago, Mmiller2001 said:

Thank you for posting your pictures.

Those are both much better than I expected, well done!

I stand by my original post. This is AR doing well. It's more than just putting it into a tank and having it grow. 

AR.jpg

That’s AR “mini” which stays shorter and bushier. You literally pulled that photo from an etsy ad. Standard AR gets taller (up to 2ft in my previous experience), is leggier, and tends to have more green in lower light settings.

On 5/31/2021 at 12:15 AM, Lowells Fish Lab said:

Hey @Tyler LaZerte,

I noticed in one of your other posts that your AR look to be bunch plants. My experience with AR in a bunch has not been very positive- months without any growth to speak of besides some air roots. It doesn't like being transplanted and is reported to have a really tough road when propagated from cuttings. I won't say that it's a lost cause, just that whatever it's going to do, it's going to do it slowly. I lost patience with mine and started over with tissue cultures to great success. I'm no tissue culture snob, just an anecdote for consideration.

I have been afraid of the tissue cultures for concerned that they will melt. It sounds like your experience is positive. Any input you have would be appreciated

1 hour ago, Acara Mom said:

I have been afraid of the tissue cultures for concerned that they will melt. It sounds like your experience is positive. Any input you have would be appreciated

I'm a big fan in most cases. They do go through a conversion period but I'm not sure I've seen one melt yet. Mine have all come with well developed roots that promote quick and robust growth.

• Like 1