Sump Ideas

I'm driving myself to distraction with this.  I'm building a sump.  The design will require 3 tub/buckets/containers of some kind.  I'm aiming for about 20-30gal each.  They need to be self supporting, and it would be great if one were back or otherwise opaque.  I'd also prefer them to be square so I can get a good bulkhead fit.  The issue is I am having trouble finding containers that fit the bill.  I've looked at:

Totes, stock tanks, loaf tanks, RV water tanks, roto mold tanks, hydroponic buckets (actually some decent ones in the UK and Oz), garbage cans, open top batch tanks, and the list goes on...

But I haven't found what I want yet, and I'm out of ideas.  So, I am hoping the community here can help suggest something I haven't thought of yet.  And no, one big aquarium won't work.  I suppose I could do 3 aquariums, but that sounds pricey and I've been focused on plastic or fiberglass containers.  Does anyone have an ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I'm driving myself to distraction with this.  I'm building a sump.  The design will require 3 tub/buckets/containers of some kind.  I'm aiming for about 20-30gal each.  They need to be self supporting, and it would be great if one were back or otherwise opaque.  I'd also prefer them to be square so I can get a good bulkhead fit.  The issue is I am having trouble finding containers that fit the bill.  I've looked at:

Totes, stock tanks, loaf tanks, RV water tanks, roto mold tanks, hydroponic buckets (actually some decent ones in the UK and Oz), garbage cans, open top batch tanks, and the list goes on...

But I haven't found what I want yet, and I'm out of ideas.  So, I am hoping the community here can help suggest something I haven't thought of yet.  And no, one big aquarium won't work.  I suppose I could do 3 aquariums, but that sounds pricey and I've been focused on plastic or fiberglass containers.  Does anyone have an ideas?

Thanks in advance!

So, I’m guessing this is _not_ what you’re looking for. But I keep returning to these old Corvus Oscen videos about his freshwater sump builds. Maybe there’s something here to adapt...

Thanks for the tips!  Given that I've not landed on knowing exactly what I want, any ideas can be helpful.  As the apocryphal Henry Ford quote goes “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”  Maybe in this case I am trying to build a car (something entirely new) and in this case a faster horse (the known entity) would actually serve me better.  Thanks again!