C.A.R.E. Forum Anniversary—What Forum Member Articles Do You Want Featured?

Anita

What Forum Member Articles Do You Want Featured? [2 questions]  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us, what types of articles would you like to **READ**? [you may choose multiple categories]

• How-To, Tips, Tutorials—practical application based on firsthand experience
    • Personal Narrative—funny story, life lesson, significant event, personal philosophy
    • Care Guide—firsthand experience, backed with references
    • Aquarium Science—interesting science, written for the layperson
    • Other—please post in a comment. Be sure to specify whether your suggestion is **READ** or **WRITE**
  2. 2. Tell us, what types of articles would you like to **WRITE**? [you may choose multiple categories]

• How-To, Tips, Tutorials—practical application based on firsthand experience
    • Personal Narrative—funny story, life lesson, significant event, personal philosophy
    • Care Guide—firsthand experience, backed with references
    • Aquarium Science—interesting science, written for the layperson
    • Other—please post in a comment. Be sure to specify whether your suggestion is **READ** or **WRITE**

As part of our upcoming 2021 C.A.R.E. Forum Anniversary Celebration, aka NERM Day, we will be featuring forum member-authored articles! Yours truly is managing this project. The rest of our volunteer editors/coordinators are @Daniel @KaitieG @CorydorasEthan

Help us figure out what articles to post by answering a couple of questions in this poll. And get the word out! The more responses we get, the better we can feature the articles you want to see. Thank you! 😎

Edited by Anita
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

In truth, I would greatly enjoy reading articles by anyone on the forum on any of these topics. I find personal narratives, stories, and advice most interesting.

If it would help, I could bang out something like that. 

Yes, I agree we could get some really interesting articles. 😎 The goal of this project is to 1) have fun and 2) invite as many members as possible—from newbie writers to seasoned pros. So, we will be welcoming all authors, regardless of writing experience! Hold onto those inspirational ideas of yours and look for a new thread dedicated to forum member articles (FMA). The FMA thread will also have writers' guidelines to help get people started, as well as enhance the quality of the articles that get posted.

For now, I am watching the poll results. In the meantime, could you help spread the word and direct people to the poll? FMAs have been mentioned in multiple, unrelated threads, so unless people are following the poll or me, they may not know where to look for more information. Thanks!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

I’m happy to help edit for science articles. If someone wants to write an article and would like someone to help put it in layman’s terms, I can definitely do that!

Sweet, thank you! Oh yes, we certainly could use your expertise translating science-speak into plain English! Please send me a private DM with your email, preferably a gmail account, and I will add you to our team! 🤩

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...