Running river rainbow?

Sev

Hey all! My Lfs sold me “running river rainbows” 2 of them are definitely rainbow fish and the other looks similar to a tetra but I’m new to rainbows so I have no clue. I haven’t seen anything on running rivers and was wondering if it is even possible and how can I tell they are in fact that species (and for the one that looks like a tetra how to tell if it even is a rainbow)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sev said:

Hey all! My Lfs sold me “running river rainbows” 2 of them are definitely rainbow fish and the other looks similar to a tetra but I’m new to rainbows so I have no clue. I haven’t seen anything on running rivers and was wondering if it is even possible and how can I tell they are in fact that species (and for the one that looks like a tetra how to tell if it even is a rainbow)

Here you go:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sev said:

If you take a picture of them we will be able to help identify them

11 hours ago, Colu said:

If you take a picture of them we will be able to help identify them

the rainbow fish in question 

CBC048BA-DE99-4D93-B417-CB558F5FD550.jpeg.cb609f762b888731b237d534156b6d9a.jpeg

the tetra looking one (sorry it’s hard to get a picture of this one he never stops moving)

E6F3EAF9-9CB1-413E-B658-1410690F9255.jpeg.6ee213f7af72a4a35eb053328948fac1.jpeg

On 5/30/2021 at 9:12 AM, Colu said:

Top pic definitely a rainbow fish  the bottom fish looks familiar am not sure what it is I don't think it is a rainbow fish maybe some one else can chip in

I think I’m going to go to my lfs and mention that it isn’t a rainbow. I’m kind of mad about it but that’s life haha.

• 3 months later...

Late update: sorry I haven’t been on here much just got busy. The weird fish has passed away (idk why all parameters were good) but the “running rivers” still have no color. I added more rainbows to encourage schooling and more comfort. 

61192B4C-8DC5-491A-A553-F73FAF1A5271.jpeg