So am I right being disappointed ordering some Apisto borelli opals online and receiving the steel blue hybrids instead?

The seller explained he is at the mercy of his exporter as they are wild caught juveniles.  This seems wrong to me on several levels.

Don't get me wrong the steel blue are beautiful but just not what I ordered as I already have them

20210522_213445.jpg

You are not being unreasonable being disappointed at all.  You ordered something you wanted and got something you didn't.  Doesn't matter how great what you did get is...it isn't what you wanted.  When I am planning something ...my plan to have things a certain way...if something is different then what I end up with is not what I planned and i will never be completely happy.

With that being said ...yes it is a beautiful fish and looks healthy.  Could it fit into your current set up?  Not sure what your options would be in this situation.  You did not receive the item you ordered and could dispute the charge.  They would be forced to either refund you or send you the correct fish.  It is up to you to decide if all of that is worth the price you paid for the fish.  

I mean yea that's a bummer tbh. If I had my heart set on a specific fish and got a different one I'd be disappointed as well. Even if they did offer to send you the correct fish chances are you would still have to pay for shipping and nowadays that costs a lot more than the fish itself. I would still give the little guy a good home but I would blacklist that particular seller and not order from them again. I wish we could recommend good sites to order from. Nothing against Aquahuna but I don't want to order a 6 pack of plecos for example.

I'm going to raise them regardless and I know if they breed they'll be rehomed easily.  I explained to the seller I didn't want compensation but he still refused to accept any advice to change his listing.  

Seeing how he refused to even hear you out on the changing of the listing then that action right there tells me he knew what was going on and I would dispute the charges. In my opinion ....when you let people like that get away with it... they believe its ok to keep doing it.  Get your money back just on principles sake alone!

10 hours ago, Bobby H said:

I'm going to raise them regardless and I know if they breed they'll be rehomed easily.  I explained to the seller I didn't want compensation but he still refused to accept any advice to change his listing.  

I have some properties that I rent using estate agents. Our contract is fees only without tax (European VAT). Sometime ago they had to register for tax as they pass the threshold. When I got the invoice I have noticed that the fees were higher than what my contract calls for. I have questioned it and the answer was that there is no mistake, I have pointed at the contract and asked them to verify it. In return got a rude reply; "Because this is what you paid last year". I paid them what the contract calls for and left the rest out, when they came asking for it I told them to read the contract and refused to pay, they gave up and adjusted the invoice as well as refunding 50% of the tax that I have paid by mistake the year before (I was in a good mood).

There is a price for being rude, there is no room for it in day to day life and definitely to a customer. Out of principal I would have demand my money back. If he wants the fish back shipping at his cost, more headache and I want him to pay for the food that the fish eats 😇.