Aquarium lid assembly help

Janelle

Alright. I can not for the life me of me figure out how to get the plastic piece onto the back of the hinged glass top for the aquarium.  🤦🏻‍♀️  Is there a trick?  I’m so afraid of cracking either piece but maybe I just need to use more force?  Help me out here, what’s the trick. 

I've had good luck running the plastic under hot water or hitting it with a hair dryer to loosen things up a bit. Typically, I'll start with one side and sort of wiggle it until it's at least partially on across the length of the lid. Once the edge is on I'm usually able to just slide it home. Just take it slow and steady.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Schwack said:

I've had good luck running the plastic under hot water or hitting it with a hair dryer to loosen things up a bit. Typically, I'll start with one side and sort of wiggle it until it's at least partially on across the length of the lid. Once the edge is on I'm usually able to just slide it home. Just take it slow and steady.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I will give heating it up a try!

3 hours ago, demicent said:

I dip the edge of the plastic in water, get the glass started in there, then turn it all sideways and tap it on the floor until the plastic is as far up as I want it.  Takes less than a minute.  

Well that certainly sounds easier than what I had to do. Heating it up helped but I still yelled and screamed at. I have one more kid to do. I shall try your method on that one. 

9 hours ago, demicent said:

I dip the edge of the plastic in water, get the glass started in there, then turn it all sideways and tap it on the floor until the plastic is as far up as I want it.  Takes less than a minute.  

This way was my most successful attempt!  I never would have guessed those things would kick my rear the way they did!

• Like 1

Glad it worked!  I tap mine on the floor until it's about an inch from the right spot, then I tap on the edge of a counter so I'm only tapping the plastic and not the glass.  Works better if I fold closed the glass, for easier handling.  

P5273598.JPG

• Like 1