Hello, long time listener first time caller!!!!! For those of you old enough to remember radio shows!

Cory McElroy,

Thank you for the awesome site and content.  As an Internet Consultant in my 25th year, when I complement a website, it means a lot.  IMHO!
I have been involved with fish as long as I can remember.  My uncle owns and operates a large fish farm and many of our neighbors (where I grew up) also operated fish farms.  Thus, I grew up working on fish farms.  Since I am smarter than the average bear, I soaked up a lot of knowledge concerning fish care.

In the early 90s, whild attending college, I supplemented by income by installing aquariums in homes and businesses.  A few LFSs contracted my aquarium cleaning services and purchased an assortment of cichlids that I bred.  

Then children happened.  I have an assortment of aquariums from that time period in storage. a 200 gallon long and 150 show are under the stairs, empty.  Outside there is a 250G, 150G, 100g, and a old indoor hot tub, with breeding goldfish.  The 250 is about 18 years old.  The 150g about 15 years old.  The 100 and the hot tub did not make it through the big freeze this winter.  Sad face ;(!

There is a 15g to my left, at my desk. That I over feed daily.  
A 10g on the island in the kitchen next to the stove.
A 65 and 45long in the dinning room, next to a 35g corner that is now a terrarium. (It started leaking about 13 inches up the front.)
When the middle support for the 45 long broke, I put an 85 show next to it on the floor to drain the bowing 45long. So now there is a half full 45long and a 3/4 full 85 on the floor in the dinning room.
A 45 tall is in the family room.
A 39 is in the living room, bay window.

I purchased 8, 86ish gallon display tanks from the LFS. two are outside awaiting attention. the other 6 are in storage with a 110 tall and and assorment of other small tanks.  I like to craigslist aquariums.
Almost forget the three aluminium cased antiques that I have.  5g, 10g, and 25g.  They would be running and will be once my caulking skills improve.  5g has one guppy and two ghost shrimp, but leaks when I fill it within 1/2 inch of the top. 😞  

I have a stack of glass and tile for future projects and several stands.

My filtration systems consist of the undergravel filters I have from the 80s and custom made everything else.  I also use whatever comes with my craigslists finds.  Mostly I custom make all my filtration.

I should be working now and not typing to you, but I felt I have been trolling long enough and should say hello and introduce myself.
and my water parameters are none of your business.. LOL!  That is more of a reddit joke.. I spend my free time on the thrown reading reddit fish related topics or watching Cory videos!
I am currently breeding, cause they want to, Hybrid Endlers, that I purchased accidentally. You know I went into the LFS for something and came out with $40 in fish, that I had no plan on buying.
My emerald green Cories have bred and Chubs now lives in th3 15 next to me.
Cherry barbs are breading..  
etc etc.

Follow Cory
  •  
Edited by aehageman
  • Like 2

I just realized the thumbnail, in my first post,  is of the 10g aluminum sided tank that became the 15g tank next to me, after it started leaking.  Which is now on the floor next to the 25g alumininum in the dinning room.  I am lucking to have a wife that enjoys me enjoying my fish tank habit.
These yellow ladies are amoung my favorites.

20201118_123956-AQ-coop.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aehageman said:

Thank you!

These 8 closest tanks are the ones I purchased from my LFS last year.. Sadly NONE are up and running yet. 

I did work on one today.
00U0U_iC26dpREpXe_1200x900.jpg.f674b666e534ff8186ed5e1a70faf4b2.jpg

This is crazy cool, what do you plan to do with a setup like this? Looks like saltwater setups, will you use them for saltwater as well, or just freshwater?

On 5/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Nirvanaquatics said:

This is crazy cool, what do you plan to do with a setup like this? Looks like saltwater setups, will you use them for saltwater as well, or just freshwater?

I plan to breed angels then later discus for the lfs that sold me the tanks.  currently I am practicing with endler guppy hybrids.  cherry barbs , gold fish accidentally, and our favorites cory cats.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aehageman said:

I plan to breed angels then later discus for the lfs that sold me the tanks.  currently I am practicing with endler guppy hybrids.  cherry barbs , gold fish accidentally, and our favorites cory cats.   

I'm looking forward to seeing your journey 😊 

11 minutes ago, Nirvanaquatics said:

I'm looking forward to seeing your journey 😊 

I blew a disc moving a tank!

Outside stands from plastic pallets was coming along.  guess I am on hold till I find someone else to move them lol.