My Rasbora has a Zit/Lump/Bump?

Betsy

Hi friends!

I was watching my tank and saw this lambchop rasbora guy do a barrel roll...and was like...that's odd!  So, I investigated further...😱...any ideas??

453795856_Screenshot2021-05-233_04_35PM.png.99f188caae4cb4347d69881e012d53dd.png

Parameters today:

• Ammonia - 0 ppm
  • Nitrite - 0 ppm
  • Nitrate - 20 ppm
  • pH - 7.4
  • GH - 6 degrees (110 ppm)
  • KH - 3 degrees (35 ppm)
  • Temperature - 76 degrees Fahrenheit

Considering isolating and treating with aquarium salt...but crossing my fingers someone will have experience!

8 minutes ago, Betsy said:

Hi friends!

I was watching my tank and saw this lambchop rasbora guy do a barrel roll...and was like...that's odd!  So, I investigated further...😱...any ideas??

453795856_Screenshot2021-05-233_04_35PM.png.99f188caae4cb4347d69881e012d53dd.png

Parameters today:

• Ammonia - 0 ppm
  • Nitrite - 0 ppm
  • Nitrate - 20 ppm
  • pH - 7.4
  • GH - 6 degrees (110 ppm)
  • KH - 3 degrees (35 ppm)
  • Temperature - 76 degrees Fahrenheit

Considering isolating and treating with aquarium salt...but crossing my fingers someone will have experience!

Bummer! It looks like something external. I tend to reach for something that will treat body wounds, sores, lesions, etc. If you're able to isolate, I'd recommend it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, James Black said:

Thats a bummer! Right when you think you solved the first problem with your lambchops another one pops up!

I dont have any experiance with any cysts, but Best of Luck!

IKR!!  I think I must have an unrequited love for lambchop rasboras...haha!

The little fisho survived the night...I am prepping my quarantine tank for another group of fish, so this guy has gotten the half gallon jar treatment.  I've never treated with aquarium salt before, but he made it through day one at the 1/2 tsp to 1 gal ratio prescribed on the package...I need to do more research because I don't know if I want to do a high concentration dip.

Edited by Betsy
Spelling...lampchop...lol.
  • Like 1

Got home today, and the bump was smaller...but still very noticeable.  It seems like it got whiter in color and lost some of its volume.  Dipped him for 5 minutes in a higher concentration of salt water while I refreshed his jar.

I think I will leave him in this fresh lower concentration bath for 48 hours and continue monitor.

(Also, please note...I have no idea how to tell if a rasbora is a male or a female...so, if I keep calling a lady a guy, please forgive me!  I've not even Googled how to tell! 😅)

Edited by Betsy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lefty o said:

many rasbora's, and tetras are about impossible to sex until you see them carrying eggs.

That makes me feel a lot better about myself, haha!  Thank you!!  😂👍