On 10/11/2021 at 11:17 AM, Patrick_G said:

I have two Sparkling Gourami in a three gallon unfiltered, heavily planted tank. It’s stable, but hard to keep clean. My hunch is that Endlers have a higher bio load since they eat and poop more.

ok I will only keep shrimp in it.

• 1 month later...

my tanks are looking horrible there is blue green algae and maybe some green hair algae I'm not sure what it is though. the only tank that looks good is my reef. I got a duncan for it at aquashella and it is doing good.

I got 2 5 gallons at the aquarium club swap meet. I think I am going to take down the 20 long and use the gravel and plants for the 5 gallon tanks then set it up again for the danios.

• Sad 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:05 PM, Patrick_G said:

That really stinks. What sort of trouble shooting have you done so far?
My wife’s tank goes through periodic cycles of green algae after she trims it. I guess it’s triggered by more light. She just gives it a bit of time and it sorts itself out. 

I Have tried doing more water changes, reducing light, increasing fertilizer. even if I can fix it I am still going to use the gravel and plants for my 5 gallons. I have been planning to move the danios to a larger tank for a long time

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ok so the plan for the 20 gallon was that it was going to become a shell dweller tank but now multis are 30$ at my lfs/online, so if I can't find anyone breeding them locally that would sell at a normal price I will probably keep guppies. also the lfs owner suggest adding more flow and light to the reef tank and it really helped with the cyano and corals being angry. painting the backs of tanks is a very slow process but it is finally getting done 🙂

Edited by Lemon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...