Tried Bolivian Rams this month with a group of 6. Pair formed pretty much immediately and fry now free swimming. My plan was to leave them for a month or two, similar to the regani pike spawn, for benefits of parents care and assistance. Anyone have experience with raising these? Seem to be feeding on mulm, first bites, coop fry food, and possibly BBS 1 week past free swimming.

20210520_152701_1.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Lucky! I tried for years to breed Bolivians but no success. I also seem to have a lot of trouble keeping them longterm since getting back in the hobby 2 years ago. Currently just lost the last of my group of 6 I bought a little over a year ago. Can’t figure it out, it’s not water quality and I got 4 from one place and added 2 more later from good stores. 

i have however been able to keep and breed apistos, I have just scattered them through my tanks. Also was successful on a handful of angel eggs that now I have 10 about dime size in a 55 to grow out. 

• Like 1

I would start with micro worms and if they're able to take bbs then give them that too. I would split half the fry up, leave some with the parents and put some in another tank, so incase they eat them you can still raise the other fry. I don't know if pulling some fry will make the parents eat the other fry though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...