@Sharon Roberts I will try the nerites when I try the Amanos I was trying to think of other thinks I could do with them. Live bearers would eat all the larva of the Amanos.

@C Savidge I didn't feed them in the pond other then the fry food I was offering to the white clouds probably once a week. The shrimp had lots of algae To eat and I did put some calcium in the pond. in the tank I gave them food. I think they do get better with age but I think it's because they get bigger and so the color gets better because of the fact that their is more shrimp to have color.

• Like 1

Just have to get in here and say those shrimp look amazing! (I know others said it above, but really just want to emphasize that.)
Amano sound like they're breeding process is similar to bamboo shrimp, which I'd like to try at some point. It will be a big challenge, but it's for the future when I have more space. I would be very interested in following a project post regarding your amanos when you start that project.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:45 PM, Taylor Blake said:

This is what I got from my first time doing shrimp summer tubbing. I put 40 shrimp into a 110 gallong stock tank with a bunch of crypts and a few water Lillies I have brought about 200 to a store to trade in for store credit and I still have hundreds left. This is a holding tank for them until I can bring the rest in to be sold. I would love to see some of your shrimp tubs.

I will not be shipping. I'm just selling local in the twin cities area to stores for credit I'm still trying to stock my 300 hill stream 😅

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How hot was your tub? Winters aren't so harsh here but summers here could cook the shrimp if outdoors. I've been breeding them in a 40 with my live bearers. I started with a dozen and probably have a couple hundred now. I don't want to part with them because they look like little Christmas ornaments on my plants. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 10:45 PM, Taylor Blake said:

This is what I got from my first time doing shrimp summer tubbing. I put 40 shrimp into a 110 gallong stock tank with a bunch of crypts and a few water Lillies I have brought about 200 to a store to trade in for store credit and I still have hundreds left. This is a holding tank for them until I can bring the rest in to be sold. I would love to see some of your shrimp tubs.

I will not be shipping. I'm just selling local in the twin cities area to stores for credit I'm still trying to stock my 300 hill stream 😅

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They're really gorgeous shrimp!

• Like 1