Re-homing Aquatic Pets

I need suggestions for the best way to locate a new home for an 8"  Red-eared slider turtle.  My son HAD to have a turtle when he was young.  Now he's 18 and I have somehow 'acquired' his turtle.  Unfortunately, the turtle is close to outgrowing her current tank and, though I could afford a larger tank, I just don't have the room. 

All of the traditional sites I would normally try (Craigslist, Buy Nothing, Offer up) have prohibitions against live animals.  I don't even know if it's allowed here.

I'm not looking to sell the turtle, I just want to find a good home for her.  Someone who likes turtles and has a large tank or pond.

Any suggestions on how/where to seek a potential new home for her?

15 hours ago, Lockdown Livebearers said:

I need suggestions for the best way to locate a new home for an 8"  Red-eared slider turtle.  My son HAD to have a turtle when he was young.  Now he's 18 and I have somehow 'acquired' his turtle.  Unfortunately, the turtle is close to outgrowing her current tank and, though I could afford a larger tank, I just don't have the room. 

All of the traditional sites I would normally try (Craigslist, Buy Nothing, Offer up) have prohibitions against live animals.  I don't even know if it's allowed here.

I'm not looking to sell the turtle, I just want to find a good home for her.  Someone who likes turtles and has a large tank or pond.

Any suggestions on how/where to seek a potential new home for her?

Either you lfs or Craigslist actually has a pets only page