Best Fert Besides Easy Green

The bad thing about flourish is that you need to buy like all of the different bottles, its lilke $70 totals.

How long till you get your easy green? A few days,  a week? You'll probably be fine.

The tropica fertilizer works well for me and i've heard good reviews about the NA Thrive ferts. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KBOzzie59 said:

????

The seachem flourish bottle has...

Total Nitrogen (N) 0.07%
Available Phosphate (P2O5)

0.01%

Calcium (Ca) 0.14%
Magnesium (Mg)

0.11%

Iron (Fe)

0.32%

https://www.seachem.com/flourish.php

Meaning that if you want to use this fertilizer you'll need to get all the bottles in the flourish line. In total its about $50-70

Heres what I mean by all the different bottles: https://www.seachem.com/planted.php#specific

Heres a video that describes it a little more:

Edited by James Black
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KBOzzie59 said:

It does say under the description for Seachem Flourish that it does not contain macronutrients and it is designed to be used in conjunction with Seachem Nitrogen, Seachem Phosphorous, and Seachem Potassium.

EDIT: There's nothing wrong with fertilizing this way but Flourish is a micronutrient fertilizer and you need macros in addition.

Edited by laritheloud
  • Like 2

I’ve been keeping planted aquariums for 19 years and I always have used NilocG’s all in one liquid fertilizer called Thrive. They make different versions of it. If you have a low tech tank, they have a version for that. If you have shrimp they make one that is safe for them. They even make one version of it if your pH is 7.0 or below that. I used the regular one and my plants love it. I have always enjoyed how my plants stay healthy and lush with it. You do have to follow the water change instructions for it to the letter of the law; because of all the extra nutrients you’ll be introducing into your water column. 

Here is a picture of my current 75 gallon tank. I went with a dirted tank this time and so far I love it. Tank has been up and running since last July. The only thing I would add to my substrate mix would be some laterite. I have a lot of swords in the tank; and they tend to be extremely heavy root feeders. The laterite is rich in iron which is ideal for the sword plants.

Hope this helps and also, if you need root tabs they make Thrive root tabs which is what I use for my sword plants.

Respectfully,

Vader72

33030FF9-B1E9-498B-BB94-D1F4F16CC858.jpeg

Edited by Vader72
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Vader72 said:

I’ve been keeping planted aquariums for 19 years and I always have used NilocG’s all in one liquid fertilizer called Thrive. They make different versions of it. If you have a low tech tank, they have a version for that. If you have shrimp they make one that is safe for them. They even make one version of it if your pH is 7.0 or below that. I used the regular one and my plants love it. I have always enjoyed how my plants stay healthy and lush with it. You do have to follow the water change instructions for it to the letter of the law; because of all the extra nutrients you’ll be introducing into your water column. 

Here is a picture of my current 75 gallon tank. I went with a dirted tank this time and so far I love it. Tank has been up and running since last July. The only thing I would add to my substrate mix would be some laterite. I have a lot of swords in the tank; and they tend to be extremely heavy root feeders. The laterite is rich in iron which is ideal for the sword plants.

Hope this helps and also, if you need root tabs they make Thrive root tabs which is what I use for my sword plants.

Respectfully,

Vader72

33030FF9-B1E9-498B-BB94-D1F4F16CC858.jpeg

This is so lush and green. I'm just trying out some Thrive for my tank, I can't wait to see if it has an impact on my results!

• Like 1

I agree with others, you can probably go some time without a fertilizer. Especially given the aquasoil. 

But to answer your question, I would assume seachem flourish is the most available at chain stores so I would go with that. It does not provide much of the macronutrients however. To compensate, I would reduce my water change frequency to let the nitrogen or nitrate build up in the aquarium. I would also make sure I feed fish flakes regularly to increase my phosphates. Unfortunately I do not know of a way to increase potassium so I would get seachem flourish potassium if it is available. 

• Like 1