Molly Holding I think

RyanU

Fist off sorry for no pictures, I will try andbiggw out in the other tank.

Questions:

1. how can tell if she is holding. Compared to the other female in the tank she looks a bit more swollen

2. How can I tell when she will drop the fry. I see two orifices' one I assume is the anus and the other is where the fry will come out.(just started in the fish keeping hoppy and definitely not a breeder so sorry if my terms are wrong) the one is definitely bigger and is a different color like a greyish white.

I will try and get some pictures with my phone and add to this thread in a little bit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hello, first off beautiful Molly’s! Secondly from the pictures you ended up sending looks like you still have a little while before she ends up giving birth. She has a long way to go still and you’ll notice this once she gets probably double the size she is now and like the other person said, she’ll end up squaring off in the stomach area. If I were you I’d google some pictures of Molly’s ready to give birth so you can see what they look like right before birth and maybe watch a Vid or two to see for yourself how big they get and how they square off in the stomach. 

I hope this helped a little bit?! I’ve had Molly’s and they had given birth and they got really big before she would burst the babies out! Good luck and have fun!!!

Thank you for that. Am i correct in thinking that she is holding. I had one of the mollies give birth some time ago and only one fry survived. I wanted to try and be proactive and see if I can have a better survival rate.