Hello From New Jersey

Nick Y

Hello everyone,

I recently rejoined the hobby (due in large part to Cory and Aquarium Co-Op resparking my interest) after being out a long time.  I just set up a new 40 gallon tank and am in the process of fish in cycling with black neon tetras.  I used fritz turbo start and also bought some zyme 7 to supplement.  I also planted dwarf hair grass from the Coop. Hopefully my lighting is good and the plants spread (I also used coop’s root tabs).   Below is a picture of the new tank.  Anyway just wanted to say hi!

04C5DFCE-AA0A-4E6F-9FF2-781DB39A9C6E.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rikostan said:

Welcome!

I am going with a black background for my 55, but I keep seeing these dark blue backgrounds like yours and makes me hesitate.

Well I'm using plasti dip this first time around, so I can change it pretty easily if I decide I don't like it.

I am the opposite of you.  I wanted and bought the dark blue, but right before I committed to the blue I started to really like the black.  Either way I think you can't go wrong.  Good luck on your project!

• Thanks 1

Right now I have a lot of plants growing and a few pairs of killifish swimming around. I have one lone cory cat that is sassy as heck snd wants to school with the killifish. I'm waiting for my lfs to get another shipment in so I can get him some buddies. I very much would like some more killifish. 

20200907_182612.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 10:13 PM, Alison said:

Right now I have a lot of plants growing and a few pairs of killifish swimming around. I have one lone cory cat that is sassy as heck snd wants to school with the killifish. I'm waiting for my lfs to get another shipment in so I can get him some buddies. I very much would like some more killifish. 

20200907_182612.jpg

Neat!   I’m waiting on some sterbai corys myself.  I feel like waiting to get new fish is half the fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

Neat!   I’m waiting on some sterbai corys myself.  I feel like waiting to get new fish is half the fun. 

Yeah it definitly is! I enjoy the anticipation. I'm not sure when or where I will set up another tank. I'm trying to be conservative as I know a move is in the near future so I'm dragging out setting up this one.