Electric cost

timQ

Just curious, what are you guys averaging for your electric bill? 

I've noticed a.significant.difference prior and agter I started.the hobby. Almost doubled, I do have quite a few tanks though 

I am not sure what the electric for my fish room run, but I am sure it can't be much. I have 23 tanks running, only three have heaters, my room is mainly heated by a dehumidifier, heaters are only in the tanks that need, like my discus. The only filtration I have is sponge filters and use one linear piston pump for all, and lights are all LED

Maybe its all the heaters that are running. Most of my tanks are in the garage and it gets cold until June starts warming it up. I have RAMs, Angels, Apistos so most of my tanks need to be heated

8 minutes ago, Chris45 said:

Will be interesting to see my next bill. It's getting down to -5c here some nights so I'm guessing it takes a bit to keep a 300 litre body of water at 26c

Minus 5c??  Where are you?

it would take like close to 3000 watts to do that!

40 minutes ago, tonyjuliano said:

Minus 5c??  Where are you?

it would take like close to 3000 watts to do that!

Canberra Australia.

Minus 5c (celsius) is 23 Fahrenheit. But that is the outside temperature. Not quite that cold inside the house, but still cold enough to make my fingers feel frozen while playing video games!

I have 2 X 300 watt heaters in the tank and their lights are turned on quite a bit.