Featured Forum Posts for the Aquarium Co-Op E-newsletter

Irene

Hi fellow Nerms,

Each week I like to feature a forum post in the weekly Aquarium Co-Op e-newsletter that is helpful, useful, and/or interesting to the majority of our email subscribers. However, I don't comb the forums as thoroughly as many of you do, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great posts out there. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way by posting them on this thread so I can check them out each week. Thanks for your help!

Irene 

Aquarium Co-Op | Content Strategist

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Irene said:

Hi fellow Nerms,

Each week I like to feature a forum post in the weekly Aquarium Co-Op e-newsletter that is helpful, useful, and/or interesting to the majority of our email subscribers. However, I don't comb the forums as thoroughly as many of you do, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great posts out there. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way by posting them on this thread so I can check them out each week. Thanks for your help!

Irene 

*the silence palpably hung in the air as NERMS began dreaming of crafting supremely helpful, useful, and/or . . . 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@xXInkedPhoenixX’s accidental breeding of otos is also a really fun thread!

I’d also recommend @H.K.Luterman’s stupid fish tricks thread (not stupid at all IMO) and @Sapere_Ceta’s thread on building a new home for her crayfish Gandr.

My favorite part is the discussion of Gandr’s behavior as he overcomes some anxieties and learns to interact with his mom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, Irene said:

Hi fellow Nerms,

Irene 

This week's topic on properly cleaning the filter had a link to choosing the Best Filter... and left out one of the oldest filters, the Undergravel Filter (UGF).

Almost all my tanks have some version of UGF, whether covered with gravel, lava rocks, or an ACO 9×9" sponge (kind of like a matten filter, but on the bottom) in at least a portion of the tank.

I don't think I am alone, in wishing more information was available about UGF. Of course, I wish the Co-op would sell a sturdier version of the TopFin UGF that I have in several tanks. Easily customizable, it's like the Lego version of filters, but TopFin made it out of knock off plastic instead of Lego quality plastic. I bet ACO can do it better.

🙂

16855758807278194992303980713194.jpg.21c306bd466590bff517f2659bd78b95.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2