Greedy Guppies!

I've previously posted about my clown pleco, Pennywise, refusing to eat tetra brand algae wafers. Pennywise has a wider variety of food now, but never gets to eat because the guppies living with him always steal it! Algae wafers, xtreme bottom wafers, repashy, veggies- they're all stolen! I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that I'm considering putting him in. I know Pennywise can't live in there forever, but could he stay in there for a few weeks or months? He's only about two inches right now. I have a 37 gallon tank I'm setting up that I intended to upgrade him to but I worry the other tankmates (corydoras) will take the food as well and I'll be right back to step one!

28 minutes ago, Alyssa Holdwick said:

I've previously posted about my clown pleco, Pennywise, refusing to eat tetra brand algae wafers. Pennywise has a wider variety of food now, but never gets to eat because the guppies living with him always steal it! Algae wafers, xtreme bottom wafers, repashy, veggies- they're all stolen! I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that I'm considering putting him in. I know Pennywise can't live in there forever, but could he stay in there for a few weeks or months? He's only about two inches right now. I have a 37 gallon tank I'm setting up that I intended to upgrade him to but I worry the other tankmates (corydoras) will take the food as well and I'll be right back to step one!

Have you tried lightly boiled zucchini slices? 

52 minutes ago, Alyssa Holdwick said:

Not zucchini, cucumbers yes. However my main problem right now is the guppies eating everything I try to give him. These guppies would eat the gravel if they could!

I would feed your clown pleco once you have turned your lights so the guppy's won't get his food

Do you have drift wood in the tank?  Also,  I haven’t tried cucumber, but my endlers who are little piggies don’t eat too much of the zucchini. 
I don’t know how much this helps, but as a last resort I add bacter ae to my tanks with plecos or nerite snails even if I don’t have any shrimp. My hope is even if I’m having trouble feeding them they can eat the biofilm.