New to community tanks not aquarium stocking plan

Korberus

Like the title states I'm new to community tanks I'm normally a Betta guy. I got a new 20l I'm going to cycle and try to make it a real jungle scape. My stocking idea is shrimps of a few colors and a mix of Rasbora fish. I plan on letting the shrimp colonize before fish I just don't know how many rasboras I can fit. I'm looking at kubotai and neon blues currently but and ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Korberus said:

Like the title states I'm new to community tanks I'm normally a Betta guy. I got a new 20l I'm going to cycle and try to make it a real jungle scape. My stocking idea is shrimps of a few colors and a mix of Rasbora fish. I plan on letting the shrimp colonize before fish I just don't know how many rasboras I can fit. I'm looking at kubotai and neon blues currently but and ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance

The answer depends on how you intend to maintain the tank. We have kept 50 fish at a time in a 20 gal tank before. Lots of water changing!

But the conflict here can occur because neocaridina (shrimp) tend to prefer older, well-established tanks, and somewhat unchanging parameters. Shrimp may not thrive with frequent water changes. 

1 hour ago, Fish Folk said:

The answer depends on how you intend to maintain the tank. We have kept 50 fish at a time in a 20 gal tank before. Lots of water changing!

But the conflict here can occur because neocaridina (shrimp) tend to prefer older, well-established tanks, and somewhat unchanging parameters. Shrimp may not thrive with frequent water changes. 

Nahhh nothing absurd a few of each like 6-8 Rasbora and maybe a centerpiece fish of some sort. Wasn't sure how much is too much

• Like 1