Hello fellow Nerms! From Colorado

Hello everyone! I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself.

My name is Jalen, and I live in Colorado. I vaguely remember having 1 or 2 fishtanks as a youngster. Colored gravel, plastic decor, and maybe few Molly's that only ever lived more than a year or two. Nothing exciting. 

Fast forward 15 years to December of 2019. My mom buys my 2 year old daughter a betta for Christmas. Surprising not only my daughter, but my wife and myself as well!

Little did I know at the time, that fish would start me on one of the most passionate, creative, and fulfilling journeys of my life thus far. This last year and a half of fishkeeping has been quite a whirlwind, full of highs and lows. I hope, with this forum, I will be able to take you through my journey, through the highs, and through the lows. My intention is to inspire, to teach, and above all to learn and grow with this awesome community! 

Fish/inverts I am currently keeping:

1 Plakat Betta, 5 Sterbai Corydoras (spawning literally as I am typing, so hopefully I'll have fry soon!), 7 pygmy corydoras (& fry), 8 otocinclus catfish, 6 golden white cloud mountain minnows, 10 glowlight tetra, 10 black neon tetra, 3 nerite snails, several amano shrimp, and close to 100 yellow neocaridina shrimp. Every tank I have utilizes live plants