Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Hello everyone, 
 

Unfortunately we don't ship live fish. Our stock lists are for our retail store customers. They are posted once when the shipment comes in and not updated after that. If you're looking to purchase live fish and live outside of Washington state, you can get more information from our web page on sources to buy fish. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/pages/live-fish

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Edward Steven said:

Hey Cory, I was trying to figure out why Aqua Huna won't ship in Washington now that Walmart doesn't carry fish and there exclusivity contract was null.

I heard they had a new agreement with a client in Washington that was buying a lot from them. Is it you?

They service most fish stores in Washington state. Typically retail stores won't buy from someone who is selling to their customer. I'd feel the same way. I wouldn't partner with them if they were selling to my retail customers also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would find it incredibly  useful if more sites where recommended  by you. I live in east TN and have a few good fish options in the  area but some of the more specific fish intend to want to get are either unavailable or super expensive here. None of the stores here treat fish preemptively all either don't quarantine or only have a monitoring period. I would live to have a online store thats cory approved in addition  to aqua huna.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ben Ellison said:

I would find it incredibly  useful if more sites where recommended  by you. I live in east TN and have a few good fish options in the  area but some of the more specific fish intend to want to get are either unavailable or super expensive here. None of the stores here treat fish preemptively all either don't quarantine or only have a monitoring period. I would live to have a online store thats cory approved in addition  to aqua huna.

I feel like the Co-Op is only really going to be able to recommend wholesalers, like Aqua Huna.  Otherwise they would have to spend a lot of time vetting stores that they wouldn't normally do a lot of business with.

I do like the idea of a community sourced option though. Like a dedicated area where we could post about good and bad experiences with stores. I could still see an avenue for abuse there, but with this community, I feel that it would be pretty low.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a petco about an hour away, a petsmart an hour the other direction and that's it. The nearest actual fish store is about an hour and a half drive, so I have bought all my fish and shrimp online... granted that's a pretty small amount. I have only bought two orders of shrimp and two orders of guppies so far, but I am happy with the 3 different places I bought from and wouldn't mind sharing my experience.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Daniel changed the title to We don't ship live fishhttps://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/116-we-dont-ship-live-fish/?do=getNewComment
  • Daniel changed the title to We don't ship live fish
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, Cory said:

They service most fish stores in Washington state. Typically retail stores won't buy from someone who is selling to their customer. I'd feel the same way. I wouldn't partner with them if they were selling to my retail customers also. 

Thank you for explaining. The alternative is to order fish out of state which doesn't help WA businesses but I guess it makes sense to avoid drama over competition.

I usually make the drive to Aquarium Coop because I know the extra time and cost worth it. I feel bad for those who don't have this option. 😞



 

 

Edited by Grubhead
Read the full guidelines and realize we can't share links to unapproved resources for WA residents to buy fish.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops! Thank you for letting me know.

I saw the forum on mobile first and there's a link to the video "Watch our video on the rules of this forum" at the top, which I did watch, but maybe we could get that link set to the Guidelines page instead (which also includes the video)?

I have reviewed the guidelines. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grubhead said:

Oops! Thank you for letting me know.

I saw the forum on mobile first and there's a link to the video "Watch our video on the rules of this forum" at the top, which I did watch, but maybe we could get that link set to the Guidelines page instead (which also includes the video)?

I have reviewed the guidelines. 🙂

No worries!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, Grubhead said:

Thank you for explaining. The alternative is to order fish out of state which doesn't help WA businesses but I guess it makes sense to avoid drama over competition.

I usually make the drive to Aquarium Coop because I know the extra time and cost worth it. I feel bad for those who don't have this option. 😞

Exactly, I feel it's like bull shit if you think about it

Ordering from whole sale is different from buying from local stores, when I want to buy 50 fishes I just won't purchase from local stores since I can get them a lot cheaper online. If they don't ship to WA I will just order from out of state wholesalers, it's not like they are the only option, and all of them have same shipping fee to all states anyway. It's just if they can ship locally, I can get them faster and maybe less chance for them to die.

Plus many people order online because they don't have access to many specific fishes from LFS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...