Newest addition to quarantine tank

Question for those with experience with honey gourami!

My smaller guy is lively and has been exploring the quarantine tank like crazy. It's investigating every nook and cranny, it's inquisitive, and it's very sweet. It ate a little bit this morning, but I'm trying not to feed too much.

My slightly larger fish has been reclusive and shy. I know honey gourami can be shy! This one has been spending its time beneath the heater resting on the substrate. I added catappa leaves and some water sprite trimmings from the main display to make the fish comfortable. Occasionally it will come out for air, swim timidly to the middle of the tank, follow smaller guy around then retreat back to its 'spot' on the substrate. Color looks good right now, and I'm observing carefully. I'm not sure if I want to try the full med trio route due to my experience with a cycle setback in my display tank with Maracyn, but I dropped in some PraziPro today to take care of possible common parasites just in case.

Is this normal behavior for a honey gourami, and will it likely feel more comfortable the longer it's with us? The display has plenty of plants and hiding spots, too.

Just now, Mmiller2001 said:

Mine were reclusive at first and during med trio. They have become much braver now that they are in the display tank. 

You might want to hit them with some Metro a few weeks after PraziPro, just to be sure.

I'm planning on hitting them with metronidazole. I have General Cure on hand as well as Paracleanse, i figure either one would work. And good news, the reclusive one did come out and start hanging around near the floating decorations. I think they'll do just fine!

Thank you!

Just now, laritheloud said:

I'm planning on hitting them with metronidazole. I have General Cure on hand as well as Paracleanse, i figure either one would work. And good news, the reclusive one did come out and start hanging around near the floating decorations. I think they'll do just fine!

Thank you!

Perfect!

They have the most fascinating behavior imo. I'm a closet Gourami lover.

• Love 1