Lazarus the Guppy

Patrick_G

I checked the tank last night and found my beautiful midnight black Guppy on the bottom with only a little gill movement that stopped completely after a few minutes. An hour later he was up and swimming like nothing happened! 

Boy is it hard to get a pic of a spastic black guppy! 

394E5AB9-92FF-4F77-BAC1-8810861A2502.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Patrick_G said:

I checked the tank last night and found my beautiful midnight black Guppy on the bottom with only a little gill movement that stopped completely after a few minutes. An hour later he was up and swimming like nothing happened! 

Boy is it hard to get a pic of a spastic black guppy! 

394E5AB9-92FF-4F77-BAC1-8810861A2502.jpeg

That is one good looking guppy! Sure hope he's alright. Any signs of fin rot or fungus on him?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

That is one good looking guppy! Sure hope he's alright. Any signs of fin rot or fungus on him?

It looks like all three of my males have nipped tails, but I’m pretty sure there’s no necrosis or fungus. 

• Like 1

Nitrate is a tiny bit high but not anywhere near panic levels(trust me my saltwater has been high for a week I keep lowering it though fish are still healthy) when you say gh(for gh I don't know I don't have a specific test for that) and kh what do you mean exactly my tests have a conversion chart for drops to ppm and strips  I have is just ppm

5 minutes ago, Samanthabea said:

Nitrate is a tiny bit high but not anywhere near panic levels(trust me my saltwater has been high for a week I keep lowering it though fish are still healthy) when you say gh(for gh I don't know I don't have a specific test for that) and kh what do you mean exactly my tests have a conversion chart for drops to ppm and strips  I have is just ppm

My Nitrate fluctuates as the plants use up the Easy Green I add. If I stopped adding all that extra nitrogen it would probably be much lower. 
The API test kit measures GH and KH in degrees hardness. I think there is a conversion chart to convert both to ppm.