Jump to content

dirty looking plants


Recommended Posts

I have this stuff, that i think might be algae, on many of my plants. The main issue is that it holds onto all the grey detritus, or is the collection of it in my tank. The water is super clear, but when i try to clean the stuff, all the much goes everywhere. When i get the muck off, the fuzzy things are almost clear. 
Is anyone familiar with this?

IMG_1811.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mmiller2001 said:

The particles in the tank is from not having enough flow to pick up the detritus/ mulm and move it to the filter. Increasing flow/ circulation in the tank should solve this problem; just be sure to not cause too much circulation that would overly "blast" your fish and plants.

i have a power head, but it keep it a little more towards the top. if i made it move through the center, do you think that would be better?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, lkly said:

i have a power head, but it keep it a little more towards the top. if i made it move through the center, do you think that would be better?

 

It should help, as long as it's not blasting the plants.

I had a similar problem, mulm build up and small particles suspended in the water column. At that time, I was at 3x turnover. I increased to 6-7x turn over and problem solved.

Edited by Mmiller2001
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mmiller2001 said:

It should help, as long as it's not blasting the plants.

I had a similar problem, mulm build up and small particles suspended in the water column. At that time, I was at 3x turnover. I increased to 6-7x turn over and problem solved.

ok, i think i have my issue then. I don't usually run my powerhead through the middle because it seemed strong. it has 240gph. what is a good low profile powerhead i could use for my 10 gallon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lkly said:

ok, i think i have my issue then. I don't usually run my powerhead through the middle because it seemed strong. it has 240gph. what is a good low profile powerhead i could use for my 10 gallon.

I'm not sure, I think hydor has a line of nano power heads. Never used any though.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...