Pleco Fry - Relocation Problem

Vincetun

Hi

Need some help. I have about 30 pleco fry (a week since I removed from their dad and cave) in a Ziss EZ Breeder Box BL-3 (purchased from COOP). Love it. Unfortunately EZ Breeder is not in tank I want to use to raise fry. I tried to transfer them with a net but they are attached to walls on breeder and won't cooperate.  Any ideas? I watched a video on YouTube that suggested using a turkey baster (also purchased from COOP and useful for cleanup).  Afraid I'd hurt fry using baster. Frustrated.

Vince

Since they're in the breeder box now, you can just move the breeder box with them still inside it. The water in the box will drain out and you can then just carry the breeder box to the tank you want them in and set it in there. If you're worried about them being out of water, or don't want water dripping, then fill a bowl, basin, pot, pan, whatever with some tank water and move the breeder box to that and transport the breeder box that way. If you don't want them in the breeder box in the new aquarium, just let the breeder box sink and they'll meander their way out. 

Thanks. I will give it a try.  Hope they abandon breeder box for bigger tank with dispatch since may have another spawn in a cave. Tried to remove a group munching on a cucumber this morning but they scrabbled off as so as I tried to lift out of breeder box.  Thanks again.