68 gallon stocking

Johannes

I have a cycled 68 gallon aquarium already stocked with a few fish but I am doing a big rescape in a couple of weeks I will also upgrade the filter to a aquanova 1000 canister i really want some new fish I have alist but I tink it is to much any criticism appreciated. List of wanted fish: 6 angels, 1 butterflyfish, 20 cardinals, 20 Kuhlii loaches, 2 bumblebee Catfish, 6 of a bigger species Cory, a hoplo catfish, 3 bajo cats, a pair of swordtails, 3 platys a few guppy's, 3 pairs of apistos, possibly if I can source I would like ellassoma  evergladei. Remember I can adjust these numbers and get a bigger filter.

This sounds like a lot of fish for that size tank to me, but lots of cool fish in your list 🙂  A few thing's I'd consider:

1. Angelfish get really large, so if you did a single angelfish as a centerpiece it would make more room for the other varieties of fish you're interested in

2. You have a lot of catfish/bottom dweller varieties.  Any chance you can prioritize your favorites and choose maybe your top 2 or 3 bottom dwellers?

3. You have a combo of fish that really prefer softer water (angels, kuhlis, corys, cardinals, etc)  and fish that need harder water (swordtails, platys, guppies).  Not sure what your water is like, but that might help you narrow down some of the better fits for your tank.  

• 3 weeks later...

What is the footprint of the tank? Never kept any of the bottom dwellers but it seems like a lot to me. I would wory about the hoplo out competing the others down there. Maybe if someone has keep them before they could help? 

I have an addiction to bottom dwellers and cichlids but I have a local lfs the owner has forty years of experience with the hobby and twenty years of experience with a shop and I will ask him if I can have them together