Spray painted PVC

6 minutes ago, KBOzzie59 said:

Does the can list a cure time and temperature?  Completely dry to the touch may not actually be totally dry "cured".  

It’s Krylon Fusion paint. On can it’s says dries in 20 minutes and safe to handle in an hour but doubt that was written for aquarium use. 

What you smell are VOC's (volatile organic compounds).  "Dry Time" & "Full Cure Time" are 2 different things.

If you want to hurry things along, and ensure full cure, put it in the oven at a very low temperature (like 200 degrees) for a couple of hours.

Your "nose test" is a valid one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I was worried about the paint smell so went back and bought more pvc fittings and made a new spray bar and didn’t paint it and installed it this morning. Not a huge fan of white with my black background but oh well. Then I went and checked the previous painted spray bar I had sitting out in the sun outside for the last 3 days and guess what? It doesn’t smell like paint anymore 🤦🏻‍♂️. Unfortunately it fell down yesterday with some wind and chipped some paint so I won’t be installing it but maybe I will make another and spray paint it and let it wait till it’s good. Moral of the story I have absolutely no patience 🤣

• Like 1