Moving soon!

Liquidreel

Hello!

i am moving soon and need to tear down my 16 gallon. Since I will only be able to keep my two 5 gallon tanks. I want to use this as an opportunity to rescape since I will be using some plants from my 16 gallon and want to change gravel. Should I do this before the move so I don’t have to save plants in a bucket while I move? Or would it be better to wait?

On 5/10/2021 at 8:53 PM, Liquidreel said:

Hello!

i am moving soon and need to tear down my 16 gallon. Since I will only be able to keep my two 5 gallon tanks. I want to use this as an opportunity to rescape since I will be using some plants from my 16 gallon and want to change gravel. Should I do this before the move so I don’t have to save plants in a bucket while I move? Or would it be better to wait?

Are you planning to keep your 5 gallons intact while you move?  Or will you need to break those down for the move anyway?

I would just put all the plants in a bucket, and move everything. Get the tank set up at the new house the way you want and plant away. Plants are pretty hardy. I've seen them withstand being in a package being shipped for a week, no water, just kept moist with newspaper and in the dark, so if they are in a bucket with some water and even a little bit of light, they will be fine for several days or even longer.

1 hour ago, KaitieG said:

Are you planning to keep your 5 gallons intact while you move?  Or will you need to break those down for the move anyway?

It’s a short drive so I was planning on keeping them in tact and just draining them.

1 hour ago, KaitieG said:

I think you'd be totally good to do this either way then--I'd say whenever you'd have the most fun/time to work on it (before vs. after the move), go for it!

Okay cool! I’m thinking before the move. Easier to catch the kuhli loaches in the 16 that i am putting away. 

• Like 1