Does Fritz ParaCleanse treat the tank also or just the fish?

Mary K

Does Fritz ParaCleanse treat the tank also or just the fish?

I think I may have brought in parasites, either on wet gravel stored outside, or a new cypress knee or a outdoor tub sponge filter I temporarily used in a holding tub I used to transfer fish and plants to new tank.

Three stupid mistakes on my part.  Newbie lesson learned.  

Thanks for any input. 

PS  FYI I found this on this Disease Guide Poster on Fritz website.  https://fritzaquatics.com/assets/files/uploads/Disease_Guide_Poster_Sm.pdf

Edited by Mary K

I found this discussion of praziquantel on a reef forum from a couple years back. It sounds like the prazi will kill active worms, but not their eggs. They suggest doing a food soak to treat internal parasites. I attached the whole thing, even though some of it is only applicable to marine aquariums. Hope some of that helps!

prazi.png

• Thanks 1

Another question

I am treating tank with Paracleans using the Co-Op instructions.  7 days, then water change.  

And from what Im reading above I should I feed a food that combines metronidazole and praziquantel?

Thanks again. I do appreciate y'all help.

Edited by Mary K

5 minutes ago, Mary K said:

Another question

I am treating tank with Paracleans using the Co-Op instructions.  7 days, them water change.  

And from what Im reading above I should I feed a food that combines metronidazole and praziquantel?

Thanks again. I do appreciate y'all help.

You don't have too. Just watch the fish. If you see signs of a specific disease, then treat the single disease per directions on the box.

• Thanks 1