Hello from Pennsylvania!

Hello!

My name is Austin and I am a fairly new to the nerm squad.  My brother had a 10-gal that he was no longer using so I asked him for it and set up my first tank in January 2021.  Today, I have 4 tanks currently set up, 1 20-gal, 2 10-gal, and one 5-gal.  In the 20-gal (pictured), I currently have 8 Glofish Tetras, 3 dalmation mollies, 2 mystery snails, 5 amano shrimp, and a decent amount of plants, all from Aquarium Coop .  In one of the 10-gal tanks which is my quarantine tank, I have 3 mollies and 7 molly fry.  One of the mollies I bought was pregnant and had fry a few days into quarantine.  The other 10-gal is my newest that I'm currently using to grow out some new plants and try some new things to see what I can learn before I decide on what might live in there long term.  The 5-gal sits right next to me on my desk with my buddy 'Delta' who is a mustard gas betta.

A little bit about me - I am a senior web developer at a marketing agency working from home which has allowed me the opportunity to just turn around from my desk to spend time with my fish periodically throughout the day.  I also play guitar and bass and am big into video games (pc and xbox) and working on/modifying cars.

Ive loved geeking out on aquarium knowledge since I started watching aquarium coop videos not long after getting my first tank and am finally getting my start in the forum.  Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG_6749.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, awaquatics said:

Hello!

My name is Austin and I am a fairly new to the nerm squad.  My brother had a 10-gal that he was no longer using so I asked him for it and set up my first tank in January 2021.  Today, I have 4 tanks currently set up, 1 20-gal, 2 10-gal, and one 5-gal.  In the 20-gal (pictured), I currently have 8 Glofish Tetras, 3 dalmation mollies, 2 mystery snails, 5 amano shrimp, and a decent amount of plants, all from Aquarium Coop .  In one of the 10-gal tanks which is my quarantine tank, I have 3 mollies and 7 molly fry.  One of the mollies I bought was pregnant and had fry a few days into quarantine.  The other 10-gal is my newest that I'm currently using to grow out some new plants and try some new things to see what I can learn before I decide on what might live in there long term.  The 5-gal sits right next to me on my desk with my buddy 'Delta' who is a mustard gas betta.

A little bit about me - I am a senior web developer at a marketing agency working from home which has allowed me the opportunity to just turn around from my desk to spend time with my fish periodically throughout the day.  I also play guitar and bass and am big into video games (pc and xbox) and working on/modifying cars.

Ive loved geeking out on aquarium knowledge since I started watching aquarium coop videos not long after getting my first tank and am finally getting my start in the forum.  Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG_6749.jpeg

Welcome! PA natives here. Good looking tank. Plants add so much to aquariums. Co Op is an awesome base for knowledge.

Do you know much about the chemistry of your source water? GH? KH? pH?

I like the color complement with your pink Glolight Tetras and the red fern in the front. Stands out in the green context.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Welcome! PA natives here. Good looking tank. Plants add so much to aquariums. Co Op is an awesome base for knowledge.

Do you know much about the chemistry of your source water? GH? KH? pH?

I like the color complement with your pink Glolight Tetras and the red fern in the front. Stands out in the green context.  

Thank you!  I have well water at my apartment that comes out at 7.8-8.0PH, around 150KH, and >300GH.  Super hard water.  That red tiger lotus in the front is one of my favorites along with the Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus in the back left because of how quick it grows.

Great to see other PA natives here!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...