Hi guys, i have attached my water parameters to get a closer look at calcium etc etc. 

Living in the UK means i cannot get hold of easy green

I have been dosing TNC Lite and Flourish (Flourish for the Calcium, Magnesium and Iron) 

The only plants i stock are Java ferns and a few different anubias (oh and a tiger lotus which seems to be the only plants surviving) . Please bare in mind that the camera is making the plants look much healthier than what they look like in person. I do not use co2, my lights (LED) 8are on for 8 hours per day. 

Any help is greatly appreciated as i am slowly loosing interest in plants as a result of my many failed attempts. 

IMG_20210508_192501.jpg

Screenshot_20210508_191454_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20210508_192450_edit_517024939987774.jpg

IMG_20210508_192444_edit_517008530359651.jpg

IMG_20210508_192437_edit_516953555512785.jpg

Are those your current water parameters? Or the parameters that the fertlizler says that it adds?

If its your current water parameters your gonna want Nitrate a at least 20ppm.

It looks like early signs of a iron defecny or a nirtogen defency.

What fertilizers are you dosing? and How often?

Are the plants newly bought? If you have them for less than 2-3 months melting is normal, and it takes time for them to get used to your water. For me, the tiger lotus was also the first one to come back to life, and it was doing really well even in a temporary bowl it was in, without any consideration/work towards ideal parameters.
I'd give it some more time and see what happens.

12 hours ago, James Black said:

Are those your current water parameters? Or the parameters that the fertlizler says that it adds?

If its your current water parameters your gonna want Nitrate a at least 20ppm.

It looks like early signs of a iron defecny or a nirtogen defency.

What fertilizers are you dosing? and How often?

Those are my parameters straight out the tap, my nitrate is actually around the 25ppm ( Just done the test before replying to you) im dosing TNC Lite and Flourish for iron and calcium etc 

4 hours ago, BaRanchik said:

Are the plants newly bought? If you have them for less than 2-3 months melting is normal, and it takes time for them to get used to your water. For me, the tiger lotus was also the first one to come back to life, and it was doing really well even in a temporary bowl it was in, without any consideration/work towards ideal parameters.
I'd give it some more time and see what happens.

All plants except 1 has been in for almost 11 weeks, with the ither plant ariund 6 weeks

Not sure of your dosing, but you are probably too high on Ca. Also, those fertilizers are pretty similar, I'd pick one and stick to it. 

Shoot for:

Ca 16ppm

Mg 8ppm

NO3 10-25ppm

PO4 1-3ppm

K 5-20ppm

Traces: Fe as target 

.25-.75ppm

per week 

Adjust up or down depending on the % of water changes you do and how often.

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Thanks 1