Amazon Puffers Dying After Water Change.

Bucio

Help!!! I just did a water change after feeding my fish. It was about a 60% waterchange. And now two of my six amazon puffers are looking rough. I dont think i hurt them when cleaning out the rocks. Can they die cuz of the stress of it? Or cuz they just ate? The temperature is the same. Its the same water source. Not sure what happened. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Sad 1

I was just going to ask for HELP on similar situation!
Last March I sent in message how I lost all my neons within minutes. Couldn’t figure out what happened - I’m very new at fish keeping. 

Today I lost 4 minnows I’ve had in a small pond it’s actually a wine barrel with a liner. Got fish free months and months ago it’s a county program to keep mosquitoe population down. They have grown and have been doing well. Had lots of green water so decided to replace some of the water about 25%. Added api quick start one two pumps - all 4 fish died. This is exactly what happened to my aquarium with tetras as I described last March. I am now very hesitant to use declorinators ever again! Just don’t know exactly what happened but it has happened twice now. They were only little minnows but I really enjoyed them and feel awful.

Thinking of getting some snails to help with algae - please  any suggestions helpful.
Sad day...

23 minutes ago, Nini said:

Added api quick start one two pumps - all 4 fish died. This is exactly what happened to my aquarium with tetras as I described last March. I am now very hesitant to use declorinators ever again!

I don't think Quick Start is a dechlorinator it's supposed to be a beneficial bacteria starter. You shouldn't need it in an established tank. You do however need a dechlorinator each water change.

https://apifishcare.com/product/quick-start

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/water-care/products/fritz-complete-water-conditioner-8oz

• Like 1