first swap meet any tips?

Lemon

so the local aquarium club is hosting a swap meet this is my first time at a swap meet in general, and my first time buying from other aquarists. is there anything I should know?, do you have any tips on how to get better deals? what should I know about buying used equipment? 

thanks.

Hello,

I am curious where you are from as we are also having our first swap soon near me!

I do not think there is a lot you need to know. I have only had one fish ever die that I purchased from a swap. What you can remember is most of them are breeders so they have raised the fish in the same or similar water to what you have so the quality is probably better then the LFS. Used Equipment is a crap shoot. However, it is worth if depending on the price. I won't pay over 50% of the new price for a used piece of equipment. 

As for getting deals It will probably already be a deal. Shrimp are $6 a piece at your lfs you can probably get them for 15-20 for 6 high quality shrimp. If it doesn't look like a deal then don't buy it! 

Best of luck!

6 minutes ago, Aquatic Journal said:

Hello,

I am curious where you are from as we are also having our first swap soon near me!

I do not think there is a lot you need to know. I have only had one fish ever die that I purchased from a swap. What you can remember is most of them are breeders so they have raised the fish in the same or similar water to what you have so the quality is probably better then the LFS. Used Equipment is a crap shoot. However, it is worth if depending on the price. I won't pay over 50% of the new price for a used piece of equipment. 

As for getting deals It will probably already be a deal. Shrimp are $6 a piece at your lfs you can probably get them for 15-20 for 6 high quality shrimp. If it doesn't look like a deal then don't buy it! 

Best of luck!

when Is yours mine is on the 15th