Heat treatment on panda corys?

Zoidar

2 hours ago, Zoidar said:

Heat treatment has worked wonders in the past against ich, but can pandas take 30°c? Anyone got experience with this? I know they prefer cooler water than most corys.

For panda Corys that to high I wouldn't good higher then 28 for short period of time 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zoidar said:

I realized you edited out your statement but unless every fish is infected i would treat the ill fishes in a pail and not the entire tank. The reason for this is in my experience is the tank is healthy only a few fishes will get ick (usually newly purchased ones) and the rest will stay ick free. The treatment is invasive and so it is best to only threat the group of sick fishes. Naturally if full tank is infected and most fishes have ick then the entire tank will need to be treated. 

-

But as i said there are a couple of diseases that look a little similar to ick (white spots) but are not ick so make sure you are treating the right disease before you begin.

1 hour ago, anewbie said:

I realized you edited out your statement but unless every fish is infected i would treat the ill fishes in a pail and not the entire tank. The reason for this is in my experience is the tank is healthy only a few fishes will get ick (usually newly purchased ones) and the rest will stay ick free. The treatment is invasive and so it is best to only threat the group of sick fishes. Naturally if full tank is infected and most fishes have ick then the entire tank will need to be treated. 

-

But as i said there are a couple of diseases that look a little similar to ick (white spots) but are not ick so make sure you are treating the right disease before you begin.

We moved them from an ich infested tank we then cured with heat, to an empty tank, so pretty sure it's ich. But now I'm not 100% sure they actually have it. It's very hard to see because of the sand in that tank, it tends to stick to their bodies looking ich-like. We didn't think of that when we put them there. 

Edited by Zoidar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...