DIY spray bar questions

Hey fellow Nerms, got a few questions, I’m attempting to make a spray bar for my 75 gallon tank with a fluval 306 cannister. I have 1/2 inch pvc and I watched Cory and Deans video on making a spray bar and they said I believe to start with 1/8” holes and Dean drilled them 1 inch apart. Does the size of the spray bar matter on the distance between holes and size of them? I have a 24” piece for the bar itself but not sure if I was going to keep all of it or cut it down. Also I believe in a live stream Cory mentioned if you wanted to cut your flow in the water to point the spray bar to the back wall of the aquarium. Now I like this because I use a Fluval E series heater and need flow through it or it beeps low flow.( currently have an air stone dropped behind it). Can I have most of the holes pointed towards the back and drill a few on the other side to point to top of water for surface aggitation? I just want to do it right the first time if all possible 😂

I actually purchase my spray bar for both my fluval cannisters from a guy who used to have an EBAY store but is now on Amazon. Just do a search for aquarium spray bar and you will find him. Very easy to set up and cheap. It would cost you more to build one if you don't have the tools already. 

I also use fluval E series heaters and can attest to their 'low flow' signaling. It takes some time to get that heater in the right spot. Ive got two running in my 72 horizontally on the back wall with zero issues.