Stressed Honey Gourami UPDATE

MammaG

My poor Honey Gourami has been pacing almost non-stop since I brought him home 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to get him a friend. 

SUCESS!!! 

The boys have been together nearly 24 hrs and the pacing stopped the minute I placed the bag in the tank.  The aquarium is peaceful and it's a lot of fun watching them together. Phew! 

Now I think I need to get friend for my daughter's single boy.... 😬

Edited by MammaG
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, MammaG said:

My poor Honey Gourami has been pacing almost non-stop since I brought him home 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to get him a friend. 

SUCESS!!! 

The boys have been together nearly 24 hrs and the pacing stopped the minute I placed the bag in the tank.  The aquarium is peaceful and it's a lot of fun watching them together. Phew! 

Now I think I need to get friend for my daughter's single boy.... 😬

This is great news! I really would love to add honey gourami to my community... planning on getting three of them. Waiting for my quarantine tank to get all set first!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, laritheloud said:

This is great news! I really would love to add honey gourami to my community... planning on getting three of them. Waiting for my quarantine tank to get all set first!

I am SO relieved. They are really, really fun to watch. Lots of personality. My daughters fish seems ok in his tank, but after watching my teontoday, I really think I have an excuse to buy another fish. Um, I mean, I really think he'd be much happier with a friend. Lol!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

my dwarf gourami is starting to do the same thing lots of glass surfing I  hope with all that I  got in my 20 long it can handle another gourami so far I  have three black tetras two corries assassin smails pond snails 2 large nerite snails and plants 

11 hours ago, patricia said:

my dwarf gourami is starting to do the same thing lots of glass surfing I  hope with all that I  got in my 20 long it can handle another gourami so far I  have three black tetras two corries assassin smails pond snails 2 large nerite snails and plants 

Fingers crossed! I know the dwarf are bigger than the honey, but if it helps my guys are in a Fluval Fllex 15 gallon along with 3 ottos, a nerite and a shoal of exclamation rasboras with lots of plants and hiding spots. They all have enough space, and I'll be keeping a close eye on the water parameters over the next week or so to see if I need to make adjustments with water changes.