Be careful where you step

starsman20

When I swapped my HOB for a canister on the 36BF (Mostly due to noise) it left a gap in the cover.  There are 10 mystery snails in there that I hatched from another tank.   A few days ago I found one on the floor in front of the tank (the opening is on the back) that I just about stepped on.  I thought for sure it was dead but i dropped it in the 10 that is full of shrimp.  2 days later there were 2 clutches of eggs on the lib that I am now trying to hatch out.  If I had stepped on the poor girl she would be gone and I wouldn't have all these eggs.   My guess is she crawled out looking for a place to lay eggs and fell off although how she got from the back to the front I have no idea. At any rate watch where you step if you have big snails that can crawl out.  I am going to fill the hole as well to keep the other 9 inside.  Can;t wait for the eggs to hatch.   This will be my first set of second generation.

• Like 2

Had that happen to me in my tank found a snail in the hall thought it was dead put it in the makeshift refugium of my husband's to see if it was alive then found it on the back of the desk put it back in the regular tank now there's eggs